
Friday's always seem to be a quiet day for Chance and I.....he's been in school all week and ready to just lay around and be
laaaaaazy. The weather has been so nice here the last couple days....I'd say pushing 60 and just gorgeous. The feel of it is so different here than Austin, so much crisper and I never feel cold. I really never thought I would enjoy weather colder than 80 degrees, but my blood has definitely changed.
This afternoon we went to a birthday party for Chance's friend Bella at a fun indoor kids
playpark called
www.starbie.ch. Chance had a blast jumping on all the trampolines, climbing
thru all the jungle gyms and sliding down in to a bunch of balls. He was so desperate to eat Bella's cake (way before it was time to) that he kept sitting next to it, trying to sneak a taste of the icing. Traveling to places that are out of our general neighborhood are always tricky when I am on my own......today I knew I had to take a tram to the train, then get off the train and board a bus....I was faced with do I take the stroller and have to lug it up and down on and off 6 times on all the public transport, or do I let Chance take his scooter instead, but face having a 3 year old speed off when I don't want him to. I chose the scooter, and boy was I tired when I got home.

This weekend we are laying low, as we have our (my) big birthday trip coming up on Tuesday. Yes, I am over dramatizing it, but 30 seems big to me. I'd rather be no where else in the world but Spain to celebrate my birthday,
yipeee. I am
ecstatic, and Chance keeps telling me he is looking forward to the beach. I am sure when Ryan and I go speak in Spanish, German will pop out of our mouths since we've been studying it so much lately with our new German teacher. We've started private lessons twice a week at home after Chance is in bed and I am hoping it will help us advance our skills........this Swiss German business is impeding our learning! This weekend we'll probably go explore the
forest behind our house and let Chance run off some steam.
Ahhhh cafe con
leche here we come.........!