Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Goodbye Summer

First, need 37 seconds of good entertainment? You can watch the Longhorn Blues. This is some brain stimulation for sure.



I'm sitting here waiting for Ryan to get home, and the slingbox keeps freezing up (so aggravating) so I thought I'd take the time to write a little. I've decided I want to write more about day to day activities, so I can have a log of what really goes on around here. We'll see, I get a bit lazy really. I better just apologize in advance for some boring blog entries coming your way.

Today at the store marks the second time in a week that a Swiss person has seen me heading towards the check out lane, literally I am 5 feet from it, and they audaciously run to beat me in line. I am still so taken aback by such behavior that I basically freeze in awe and let it happen. Of course I can't really say much, since my German skills are lacking (yes, I am now a German drop-out student). I've decided to get up the guts next time to start running myself and put up a little fight. These incidents have made me think about a brunch we went to awhile back with a bunch of Swiss people. One couple was preparing to move to London for work, and were talking about how in their cultural training, they were being taught how to "properly stand in a queue". Seems all the Swissies need such training, around here there is no queue.

Let's see, what other boring things are going on in my life right now....tomorrow night is a "tea" at Chance's school, should be interesting. I better get my schmoose on since I've been tasked with leading up the new PTA. What have I gotten myself in to. Don't they know I am such not the leader? AND I dont speak German!!!

I am really proud of Ryan for sticking with the German however. He's doing really well with it.

Now that Chance is back in school, the German words seem to be coming out of his mouth more and more frequently. It is really cool to see the language develop, and it is amazing that Chance can pronounce the Swiss words with precision Swiss accent. Amazing.

And on a last note, I mentioned in my headline goodbye summer. It is freezing around here. So much for hardly any heat at all. I miss the Austin heat!!! But luckily we didnt miss having AC bills like we had in Austin, no AC needed around here. BRRRR!



Here's a pic of my cute boys in the forest this past weekend.