Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Years Resolution, Take 2

My last years New Years resolution was to blog more, try every day to put something up there so we can have as many memories of our time here as possible. Well, I'm still working on that one....but working to post a little more now than usual, so here goes. More pics have been posted to the left under LATE SUMMER 08.

Across the street from Chance's school is the Glattzentrum, known here as "The Glatt". It's about as close to a mall as you can get here in the Zurich area, and walking around it brings back comforting memories of strolling the Barton Creek Mall. But here it's smaller, but good things come in small packages: like the huge grocery store they have there - almost like a Super Walmart, equipped with all the things one could want and more. In 30 minutes I was able to get Chance a painting apron for school, Ryan a couple more bike shirts, and groceries for dinner tonight. Then I stopped off at the post office and pharmacy while there, had a coffee with my new friend from Serbia, Katarina, and browsed all of the new winter clothes just coming out in all the store windows. I really like efficiency.

Today when I was leaving the Glatt, I had to walk back past Chance's school and there he was just leaving the playground. There was at least 50 kids out there, all different ages from what I could tell from their heights, and I quickly hid behind a billboard so that he couldn't see me. It was so fun to watch him in action. They had paired the little kids with older ones, and each was holding an older kids hand. It was so nice to see him happy and at ease.
We are thinking of enrolling him in soccer one day a wek after school......it's for K-2nd grade, so we'll see if he has any interest again today when I ask him. It'd start tomorrow.