Monday, August 18, 2008

Paddle Boating Fun


Sunday was Ryan's pseudo birthday celebration, and he wanted to spend the day paddling around the lake. We rented one of these cool red paddle boats, and Chance took the wheel for much of the ride. Ryan brought his big fishing hat with him and kept insisting that I wear the thing, and despite my attempts to not put it on, he kept telling me "no honey, you really need to wear it." Hmmm. Well little did I know that as soon as we got close enough to this big water fountain, Ryan grabbed the steering wheel so that we could all get wet (well, except for my hair that was shaded by the hat)!

And today was Chance's first day of his new school. Some hesitations, but he got off without a hitch and no tears at all! The hour commute each way is going to take some getting used to but hopefully it will pay off! We'll see how it goes today when I pick him up.