Thursday, November 6, 2008

Goodbye Halloween

Halloween week ended up being such a whirlwind I am paying for it now with a lovely sinus infection....nothing more than a little stress to make ya ill. I was in charge of the Halloween party at Chance's school, which we celebrated a night early. It ended up being lots of fun. The haunted house actually turned out pretty darned good in the dark with a smoke machine, a scary witch as the guide and some scary middle schoolers lurking in the corners to add a little flair. We got loads of compliments which was nice. So all in all it was well worth the time and effort but I'm still feeling the need to whine about it!



Once the event was set up all the other ladies on the committee with me went to get dressed up in their costumes. After so much planning and ideas I had thrown out, they all stopped in their tracks when they saw I had no costume! They asked why I wasn't dressed up and all I could say was "I'm just not that in to Halloween!"




On the real Halloween night we did a super fun "Progressive" trick or treating. All of our close friends all live along our street and down another. So we started at our house.....everyone showed up here to trick or treat, we joined them and then went to the next house where one parent was waiting. Then that parent joined us and on to the next house....and so on until we ended up at the last house for a big party. Chance always loves being with his friends so much, it's so cute to watch. Here's the shark himself walking down the street with Ava (batman) and Gabriella.



Check out even more pics of Halloween festivities in the Pictures column.