Thursday, January 8, 2009

Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa


Chance doesn't start back to school from the Christmas holidays until Monday, so I've been trying to fill our week with some special mommy and Chance time. Actually I am totally eating up this phase Chance is going thru where he tells me incessantly that he loves me, and continuously comes up to me giving me kisses. Maybe he drank some like-your-mommy potion while I wasn't looking, cause this isn't usually the case. Usually I am not on the top of the list, nor is Chance all that pleasant to be around 100% of the time, but in the last week I have genuinely enjoyed our time together.

So all day yesterday I made a big deal out of seeing this movie together. The English version was only showing at 6:30 p.m., so I played it up as being able to stay way up past bedtime. He even got to have M&M's which for him is very rare, given all his allergies. He was so excited about the M&M's that he sat in the movie seat with the bag open in his hand just touching them and looking at them until the movie started. Then he ate one by one VERY slowly, and then told me to tell him when the movie was almost over cause he wanted to save the rest until the end. It was like eating gold for him. During intermission (there is intermission at movies over here), we went next door to get Movenpick ice cream (better than Blue Bell I'd have to admit). My love for mint chocolate chip ice cream has been passed down thru the gene pool cause the kid goes crazy over that stuff.

Movies here are so cool cause you book your tickets and seats online and so there is no rush to get to the movie early. There is no race to get the best seat cause you have already picked it out. And if you choose to buy your tickets at the box office, you have to choose your seats from a tv screen before purchasing them. This eliminates so much stress. We got to the theater about 15 minutes early and had to wait outside until 5 minutes before to be let in. The intermission is so great.....about 15 minutes long to go pee and buy some goodies. And I must say that the theaters are spotless and don't stink of rotting popcorn and sticky floors like the ones in the US do. Funniest thing is that the Swiss like to stay until all the credits are done rolling, so if you want to get out of your seats beforehand, you are a little stuck!