Friday night we decided to make Easter cookies. We are really getting in to the Easter spirit around here this year. Here's the little chef in action:
In hind sight making cookies isn't such a good idea......somehow 90% of them managed to make it in to my mouth. Houston we have a problem as the baby still weighs less than a pound but the scale is not showing such slight weight gain.
Sunday morning Ryan had to work before we met for our movie, so Chance and I milled around the house for awhile. I asked him to clean his room and he really got in to it! I was told not to come in his room until it was clean! Amazing! And look at the finished project.
I was so proud and so was he. He told me, "I am going to clean my room everyday mom!" I am glad to be writing this down in the blog as proof!
Later in the morning we headed off to the store. We get off the tram near a fountain that had been entirely frozen over this winter and he tells me, "You know mom, it's not frozen anymore cause it's spring time. Isn't it just lovely in the spring time?" I am wondering, "LOVELY"? It's 40 degrees outside, not a green leaf in sight and clouds so thick in the sky you'd think it was night. It is so cute the child's perception, it keeps things so light and happy!
As I am sure I've mentioned before, I love dragging out my birthday celebration over weeks.....so it started this past weekend. Ryan and Chance got haircuts Saturday morning and then out shopping for some presents for me. We decided to celebrate on Sunday night cause of Ryan's hectic work schedule this coming week and then we head to Ireland. I had thrown out a couple of measly ideas but come Sunday night, the boys really wowed me!

I managed to rake in some serious goods.....a fantastic necklace
, a salad spinner (that I had been wanting) and a gorgeous Swiss fondue pot and holder......it has been on my list of "must buys" before we move home and I am so glad to finally have it. We are looking forward to making queso in it once we move back to Texas.Of course I had lots of help blowing out the candles on my cake!

Chance really liked it!

Chance made me the cutest card.....he really puts so much time in to the cards he makes.

More pics from the birthday celebration are to the right in the photos column.