Since we've moved the computer in to our room, Chance has been spending quite a bit of time on our bed watching brain mushing activity on the slingbox TV. And since he's all over my white sheets and white down comforter, I have become much more aware of the condition of his feet. Having to wash black feet several times a day has made me come to the realization that perhaps I should make more of an effort to clean our floors. The light colored parkett hides the dirt so well, I am often baffled how a child that hasn't gone outside all day can have black feet.
So today I got out the rag and cleaner, and proceeded to get down on my hands and knees and wash the kitchen floor. It was at this time Chance was sitting at his little table eating a snack and he says to me, "you know mom, maybe you should ask Santa for a mop for Christmas. That way you could clean the floors every day and I wouldn't have to wash my feet so much." Please pass along to Santa, that if he even attempts to bring me a mop for Christmas, he could possibly get so injured that he won't be able to complete his deliveries to all the other kids around the world. Yes, I do need a mop, but then I'd need a bucket.....you see, the needs just snowball. It's just easier at this point with my gigantic belly to wash 2 little feet.
Speaking of gigantic bellies, I am wondering if mine could possibly get any bigger. Little Brooks is apparently now 5 1/2 lbs, not sure that I really have room for another 3 lbs.....I am convinced for every pound of belly Brooks adds, my ass grows proportionally by 3. It's a strange phenomenon. And not to mention my 3 pairs of maternity pants are screaming at the seams, and I absolutely refuse to buy anything bigger in the last month, since I am convinced that I will NEVER do this again. Our family is now complete and I am ready to get out of my fat pants and go back to the gym.
Last week we went and got Chance a "real" basketball that he's been wanting for a very long time. Being cooped up in the house has enabled Chance to practice his basketball tricks and moves. Last school year I felt like a really bad uncreative mom when my child begged and pleaded to be in the school talent show. But being in the talent show involves either having a unique talent, or having very creative parents....both of which Chance has not yet been blessed with. So when he started showing interest in basketball tricks, I was somewhat relieved that perhaps next year he could show off some moves as his unique talent. Look for yourself.