Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Screaming Lama

There's Been a Coup d'Etat against the baby that rides in the car with us. Somewhere between the time that I put Brooks in the car, to when I round the other side and get in, someone must switch him. My little quiet sweet Baby Lama has transformed into a quite a complainer. He still manages to do it in his subtle ways, like moaning, grunting and crying....not scream crying but enough to get his point across that riding in the car twice a day to get big brother to and fro school isn't really his cup of tea. So is the life of the second child!

But on another note he does still maintain most of his Lama like qualities. We've just rounded the 2 month mark and our little Brooks is still sweet, quiet, and peaceful. His requests are so subtle you really have to pay attention and he is very happy just being held and loved on.

He's been having occasional nights of going longer without eating...we're upping it to 5 hours around here which feels to me like heaven. Some mornings he'll have gone longer than that....two in particular I was awakened around 6 to desperate cries of what I thought were I'm hungry right now, get your tired butt in here and feed me so I race out of bed, speed thru the diaper change, and throw him on the feeding pillow and offer him some food...then he just smiles up at me and stares, not really the least bit interested in eating yet, and I think to myself I rushed in here for THIS? You know Brooks, I am much more attractive to baulk and stare and google at late in the morning. Try me. So needless to say this morning when I heard little grunts at 2 and at 4 and at 5, I just pushed the envelope and waited till 6 and still the little man was in no rush to eat. Just happy to see his mommy at her best :)