
Chance is currently really in to Harry Potter......basically it's HP Everything around this house, from movies and books, to light wands and the most popular item: The Harry Potter Clue Game. Chance is still trying to figure it all out. He does surprisingly well for such an advanced game, but his age still shines through occassionally.
Speaking of magic, anyone see the recent Grey's Anatomy where the mom was doing some thing to her kid in the hospital, "bad dreams, bad dreams go away, good dreams good dreams here to stay"? Well the other night, Chance had a bad dream that must have left such an impression that he was afraid to go to sleep. I said I had some magic spell I could put on him to make them go away. He remained unconvinced.....but then decided to let me have a go. I performed the magic, and still he said it wouldnt work. 10 minutes later he calls out from his bedroom, "I think the magic must be working just a little mom". The next night, I tucked him in bed followed by Ryan and then I was called back in there to reperform the magic. "It REALLY did work, mom".
So yesterday, he really wanted to play the game before we had to leave, and so I encouraged him to set it all up for us while I was changing the baby. I came in to the room and the game was all ready to be played.....all the pieces laid out and the 3 secret "who-done-it" cards were in the envelope and sealed. Of course we all know what happened when he was chosing those cards "without" looking. It went something like this:
Chance: OK mom, it's all ready and I didn't even look at the cards. REALLY, I didn't look.
ME: I know you didn't look. It's so much more fun to play the game when you don't know the answers right?
CHANCE: Ya, I know. And really, I didn't look. Even if you think I looked, I didn't. But if you think I did, and I really did look, then I would have forgotten it by now.