Next stop, grocery store. Let's just say I am trying a new approach to parenting....less talk, more action. I let the kid have his wishes to push the cart, and after running in to a bunch of apples and having them go everywhere, I decided that you know I really am going to miss the rude stares of Swiss old people (as if they have never had kids of their own). And boy am I really going to miss online grocery shopping.....and what on earth was I thinking today, not using the online grocery shopping? So speaking of missing Old staring Swiss people, I haven't officially announced that we will be moving back to Texas.....Dallas that is, Flower Mound precisely, on May 1. And I am proud to say that finally I think we are ready. Of course this place is amazing and we are so sad to see our adventure here end, but it's therapeutic to know that we won't be fighting it so much. And it's helpful that we have a contract pending on a great house with a great pool.....
It just so happened a couple weeks ago that the MAN COLD came to our house again, and in the 3 days that Ryan was laying in bed all day, he found us a great house, and soon it will be ours, fingers crossed it all goes well. Lately, with all this house and move stuff going on, let's just say my creative juices have been less than flowin'. They've been confiscated by the house buying police and thrown to the wolves. I decided that before I do anything else tonight, now that the boys are in bed, I must sit down and write. Seems like so many cute things are happening with the boys right now, that I can't let our chaos of a life get in the way of our memories....I mean, how can I tell the boys one day, sorry, I left that part out. Brooks you ate your first bite of food, are almost sitting up, and are such a bundle of joy giggling non-stop.......but I was too busy trying to move this family half way across the world to write it down. So here goes: first breathe woman, the inventory list isn't due for a couple weeks now. But I do apologize, this post is going to be all over the place, so pay attention.
Speaking of inventory list, let me start there. I had a babysitter lined up so that she could entertain the boys a couple days while I plugged away at that awful, daunting task of inventory.....yes, line item after line item: 3 misc glass cups: $10, 8 spoons, 9 forks, 10 knives $50. Moving back home: priceless. Nonetheless this process is very cleansing as I have been throwing out tons of crap we don't use, mismatched socks and gloves, and lots of McD's toys. But since we decided to buy a fabulous new home, I had to call my babysitter and tell her that she has been replaced with a house and a pool (yes, my dreams have come true!) and that if I really want this house to close come March 5th, I better not spend another penny..... So I enlisted Chance to help me with the inventory process this morning. 30 minutes later he came back to me with this in hand.
I mean, how cute can you get. And I can guarantee you he counted every pokemon card.
So, let's start with Chance. Ryan looked at me last night after I told him some story about Chance that I can no longer remember, and said "that kid is really complicated". Complicated he is. One minute he's sweet as a button, the other he's running wild after school not listening to a word I say as I try to get him to put on his shoes so we can please leave the building 20 mintes later. Very often I am the MEANEST mom on earth, actually that's pretty nice compared to some of the things he's said to me lately. And the next minute I am receiving beautiful drawings and notes about how great I am and how much he loves me. My compliant eater has been kidnapped, and I am lucky if he'll eat anything I put in front of him. But on the positive side, he's really blossoming in to a very independent, creative kid. The other day he asked as we were getting out of the car (mind you it's below freezing).....mom I want to dig a hole big enough to bury my basketball. I think to myself that this will go over about as well as it did for my mom when she went out back as a child to dig herself a swimming pool. So I complied thinking he'll be back in in 5 minutes...I mean the kid had on no gloves. But almost an hour later and he was plugging away. Never was able to fit the basketball down in there, but nonetheless he did a pretty good job of maring up the back yard.
. I was shocked when he cleaned all the tools and put them away himself!
He's also a bundle of questions. Several nights ago at dinner the questions were flowing so rapidly tha tI had to write them down. These will definitely be going in this years book:
Why are there so much countries? I wish there would only be Zurich, Texas, Australia, Nigeria and India. Then we could travel quicker and I could see my friends more often. Why cant we just skip ages? Then if we wanted to, Brooks could be 5 and we could play together. Why's magic not for real? Why is God always the boss? If God was born the very first, then how could he be born? Why would a baby ever want to drink water? Do germs feel? Are Sharks real? But dinosaurs are mean and they aren't real? Are sharks really in the ocean? Then I am NEVER swimming in the ocean.
But he loves his brother, and that's an understatement. I heard him whispering to Brooks the other day as he was holding him in his lap loving on him, "There's no life without you Brooks, no life at all". Where does a 6 year old come up with that?
So that's all I can write for now. I mentioned the man cold, and it is back yet again one or two weeks later. So I'm worn out from taking care of 3 kids today, and I best go get myself a drink....