
Best way to learn a new language is clearly to submurge yourself in it. Unfortunately, we'll be leaving here not so fluent but nonetheless, I do tend to learn a word here and there. This past week, I've heard over and over, mostly from old ladies on the street, that Brooks is so "Herzlich". I took this to mean something endearing. I mean how could you not call this face something endearing?

Brooks does have a way with the ladies. He's definitely a flirt and a charmer, and seems to be winning the love of the not so tolerant grumpy old women around here.
I looked up Herzlich on Leo and it came up with the following:
Affectionate
Cordial
Genial
Sincere
Precious
Hearty
So I take from this, they mean he's quite a cute little guy. Hopefully they don't mean he's HEARTY...like a soup would be. He's thick all right but those thighs are so scrumptous.
Evenings around here haven't been so Herzlich. It's Heartbreak Hotel for little man. As soon as you approach the bed, or sing Pappy's best Bye-O-Baby, the back arches and the protests begin. And lately the unconsolable screaming has been going on for upwards of 20 minutes each night. It looks a little like this face:

But in the morning it's back to grins and giggles and the day begins again for the little Herzlich.