
Another year older, aint it great? This was my 4th birthday to celebrate on the European continent. I always associate my birthday's here with going somewhere exotic.......Spain, Ireland...this year we did a little precelebration by spending the weekend visiting Josh and Katherine in Geneva and a night in Montreux. I love dragging out my birthday!
Monday, the 5th, was an extended Easter weekend, and so we took the opportunity with Ryan off work to celebrate it then. We took the boys up to the forest for a little exploring

and found some really cool wood piles to climb on.

Not sure where Chance has picked up this WAZ UP MAN stance, but it keeps finding its way into our pictures. For now we are embracing it as a "cute" gesture.

Views from the top were amazingly clear and the Alps spread out before us like.......like something. You get the point, they were stunning and clear, and they had to know it was MY birthday weekend to cooperate like this!



So back at the house it was (probably the last, boo hoo) Sprungli cake, some fireworks atop the cake in a very Swiss fashion,

and then it was on to my gifts. See anything strange? Look closely?

Yes, even my husband must be in a little bit of subliminal denial about my age. How can I be married to someone THAT OLD! No, I am no longer 32.
Brooks was sad he didn't get any cake, but he's holding out for his birthday in September. He said he can maintain his physique without any extra calories. Instead, he was pretty happy knawing on the end of the balloon stick.

And then to end the festivities, Chance had 3 pieces of white paper in his hand, and begins cutting away letting it all drop on the floor. Mom, I am making you a birthday puzzle.......HMMMM. I say, oh boy Chance that will take me all night to complete that puzzle.

So in the morning when the "puzzle" had all been cleaned up and thrown away, he asks, "Mom, where's the puzzle I made you? You said you'd stay up all night putting together?" And the kid was serious.
And if all those festivities weren't enough, on the actual day, Jane and Jen put together quite a nice spread for me, making me feel extra celebrated. And then I returned home to the sweetest birthday card. I think Mimi is getting a little sappy about us moving home, but at least I know who to call should I get swarmed by bees. Yes, my mommy does love me!