
I keep meaning to write about this.....everyday in fact when I hear Chance say something else in an English accent, or some strange word that sends Mimi into the giggles. They use British curriculum at school and most teachers sport a British accent, although maybe not native to the language. I used to question how my friend that I used to ride with could have an American accent when her parents were British. And now I know why.....
Apparently even we are adapting strange accents that we can't hear. Last weekend Mimi informed Ryan that he said "Really?" in a very British way. We were told that we better learn to start speaking TEXAN and fast. Somehow, I am thinking this will only be the start of our adjustment issues back home, although don't get me wrong we are packed and ready to come!
So you've gotta hear this kid say "Chocolate", you'd think we'd been living in London for the past 4 years, or "Harry Potter", or any word with a short "a" in it, like man and can. He draws out that "a" big time.

Icing on the cake was when the other night at our friends house, Jane pulls out a boxed of prized Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. Chance had no clue what they were but loved what he was eating. Later in the evening when the cookies had been put away, he asks Jane if he could have some more of those yummy "Chocolate Biscuits".