Thursday, April 19, 2007

Fence Posts

So everyday this week as Chance and I are walking home from his school, something has intrigued me and made me ponder: Why is dragging a stick across a rod iron fence and making it clank so damn fun? Almost the entire way from his school to our house is lined with a rod iron fence that has the perfect distance between each plank to make just the right noise. Then the fence changes as we near our house to a wooden fence but with planks the size of a picket fence. They too make a really great but different noise. Everyday this week Chance has searched out the perfect stick to drag along as we walk. And I just thought to myself today that if I had my own stick, it would be so much fun to drag it and listen to it clank. Not sure why this is still fun 30 years in to it....but it is. Maybe I'll find me a stick too next week and we can clank together.