Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Princess Pappy

This story is just too cute not to post....sorry Pappy, unfortunately you were the chosen one.
Some quick background.....

For a long time now, Chance has been fascinated with Dora the Explorer.......the show on TV and also the many Dora books and stories. One of his favorites is about Princess Dora, where Dora has to complete 4 tasks to turn in to a Princess so that she can rescue her friend from a sleeping spell. He also loves to color while in the bath with special bathtub crayons. One of his favorite things for me to draw are princesses, complete with long hair, a princess crown, and a princess dress.

So last night in the bathtub Chance had drawn 3 big circles intending for these to be the heads of the princesses I was to draw. The first princess that was requested was Princess Mimi. Then it was Princess Nanny. Then the third and last princess was to be Princess Pappy. Unfortunately I broke his heart when I gently reminded him that only girls can be princesses, and we would have to draw Prince Pappy because Pappy is a boy. Well, that send tears a flowin. Pappy was just not the same with his short hair and pants. So we had to redraw Pappy and transform him into Princess Pappy, complete with long hair and a nice pink dress.

I still haven't stopped laughing.