Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Left, Left, Left Right Left


We've returned from the beach to winter time in the Alps......it's been raining non stop and we've had to pull out the jackets and umbrellas. Mimi said she thought she had stepped out into a winter day in Austin! Hopefully the skies will clear so that Mimi and I can make the most of her last 2 weeks here!

I'm super excited at the moment, as I just secured hotel reservations for our upcoming hiking adventure.....with Mimi being here and all, Ryan and I decided to take advantage of it and plan to head out on our anniversary for a fun 26 km hike up about 2600 feet and then back down again. (http://activityworkshop.net/hiking/switzerland/creuxduvan.html)

We are so excited because we love to hike but it is a little hard to do with a stroller and munchkin in tow...so at last we can! It should be a slight test of stamina since they estimate 7 hours to complete it!.....Ryan's already drill-sargenting me up and down the big hill behind our house every night!

The best part of the trek is the last park, where you end up on top of a beautiful cliff face called the Creux du Van, in the picture above.