Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Quick Trip to Austin


Two weeks ago my great grandmother passed away. She was well in to her 90's, and with her went the 5th generation of Bradford's living in Austin. I was able to steal a super quick trip home to see my family and attend the funeral and it was a really nice visit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see friends on this trip home but instead an added bonus, we flew in thru Dallas and so all of Ryan's family was able to meet us at the Chick-Fil-A during our 4 hour lay over there. All the cousins were together again, and of course we were snapping as many pictures as we could of them during our super short time together (will post the pics as soon as I get them from Dean!).


Being home definitely didn't squelch the home sickness however. I was enjoying every minute of being around people that could understand me, and I was overwhelmed at the ease of shopping.......mundane things here are made so difficult. I ran out one day for a "quick" trip to target, to have my mom calling 2 hours later wondering where I was! I found myself strolling up and down every isle of Target in paradise. Needless to say, I had to purchase 2 more suitcases to bring it all home!


Another really great part of our visit was that I was able to meet my brother's girlfriend Andrea. We had such a nice time and now I am not feeling so left out! Chance keeps telling me...."I looooooove Andrea".
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Ryan's schedule allows for a December visit, we'll make it longer this time and see our friends as well.