
I love really stretching out the birthday activities....I mean the most exciting day of the year should really be celebrated over a week or so, right? Saturday we set out to do some birthday shopping. Ryan and I have decided to upgrade our winter gear, so I thought a new ski jacket would be a great idea for my main birthday gift. I had my eyes on this really tame greenish brown jacket, but Ryan made me push on and keep looking. We found a much better jacket, and Ryan pushed me out of my comfort zone (I like to stay nestled right inside that zone most of the time!) into buying a very bright yellow jacket!
I got to put the jacket to use and test it out on our Sunday hike. We had Chance's favorite babysitter over (a teacher at his school) and we got to take a 5 hour hike up on the Uetliberg, the small mountain above Zurich. It was great. We followed the Planet Hike, in which you hike from one scaled model of the planets to the next. It was really cool. I had visions of 60 degree sunny weather. The night before I couldn't wait to be out in the spring air. We awoke to a little surprise, but decided to push on....
Here's Ryan at Saturn:
Sunday night we had a fun little celebration and Chance gave me tons of pictures he had painted and worked so hard on. Ryan and Chance bought me a cake that Chance so beautifully decorated with M&M's and we had the best time!