Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weekend Fun with the Bothagers



Our good friends Josh and Katerine came to visit us from Geneva this past weekend. I had my fingers crossed the entire week prior that the weather would cooperate so that they could see Zurich in it's prettiest. And it did, yeah!

Before Josh and Katherine arrived, Chance decided to set up his "work"....it was so cute. He laid out paper, pens, his "computer", calculators and his "work clothes" and then proceeded to make himself addition math problems and type them in to the calculator.


We set out for the routine Zurich tour, first taking the train up to Uetliberg, the tallest point in Zurich, so they could see Zurich from the top. It was such a clear day that we were very fortunate to get such good clear pictures of the Alps. I hadn't see the Alps for months!

Afterwards we ventured down towards the lake where we ate at a beer garden on the water and soaked in the evening sun. The next day we went to see the Zurich marathon and trompsed around old town, eating lunch at a kebap place. Ryan was able to snap lots of great pics of Zurich while we were out and about, which I've posted to our photos. Chance was quite the poser that day, which luckily kept him occupied. He was such a good sport about getting dragged about all weekend!

Josh snapped a family photo of us while we were down strolling the lake, and the first thing that came to mind as I was looking at these pictures, was HOLY BELLY BATMAN. Perhaps these Euro moms that keep telling me how BIG I am, actually have some truth to what they are saying. Maybe I should wear a sign that says, "no, I am not due tomorrow".

At lunch in the old town, we looked up to see an advertisement for a hotel, and I just had to take a picture to prove that yes, there are cheap hotel rooms in Zurich, but if you stay there you might just get a little stinky.


Click HERE to see Josh and Katherine's pictures.