I love the cultural exchange that get togethers like this bring. We were there with a Finnish family, a Dutch family, and a Dutch-Danish family. We got to try "frikandel" a Dutch type sausage that they split length-wise and fill with ketchup, mayo and chopped red onions. I have to admit that I was glad it was smothered in sauces cause the actual looks of the sausage is quite gross....but it tasted pretty good.

No, this picture was not taken in Switzerland, I pirated it from the web. The give away? Do you see any cars over $50K in the picture?
Our Finnish friends homemade a cinnamon roll type specialty from Finland called "Korvapuusti" meaning something to the effect of "ear lobes" from the shape they make them in to. Me and baby ended up eating our fare share to say the least.

The BBQ was very diffferent than we are used to in Texas. We started eating at about 1:30 and didnt stop until about 3:30 with rounds and rounds of meat, potatoes and salads. We then took the kids for a walk around the lake and saw some fantastic views of the Alps in the distance.

Along our walk, I even got to see a "Stracciatella" Chicken (also known as "chocolate chip") wearing a very nice English-day-at-the-races style head dress. This put me in the mood to go back and load up on ice cream.

Then it was back to the house around 5 p.m. for dessert and coffee (yes, the ice cream I had been be salivating for since seeing my chicken friend). Us Americans who dine with the old folks around 6 p.m., were then wondering....are we supposed to eat dinner again in just under an hour?
And no day is complete without a bunch of goofy boys either.

Check out the pictures column for lots of pics from the day!