
The Kinderhotel concept is one that the hotel has a huge, I mean gigantic, staffed kids play room with planned activities running from 8 in the morning to 9 at night. Chance was able to enjoy hikes with the kids, meals, cookouts, magic lessons, painting, and freeplay.
Our little magician came back with all sorts of new tricks up his sleeve.
He also practiced every evening after dinner for the end of the week kids performance. It was funny to see the difference 6 months makes in a child's personality....I thought perhaps I started to see a bit of self consciousness that I haven't seen before. I sure hope he maintains Ryan's personality and doesn't adopt my fear of public speaking and performing.

He loved the kids club and eagerly wanted to go, enabling Ryan and I to have much needed alone time. We didn't know what to do with ourselves, being able to stroll the town in quiet peace, or slooooooooowly hiking up a small hill behind our hotel to enjoy the magnificent views. It was a little torturous being amidst so many striking mountains and knowing I couldn't set off as usual and try to hike them. We were definitely less active on this trip considering I am almost 8 months pregnant, but still I was able to appreciate the views and the crisp mountain air. Ryan got to rent a top of the line mountain bike, and set off 2 of the days to careen down the mountain trails.

Our quirky son is a little obsessed with "healthy" food, so he decided he didn't want to eat dinner in the kids club since it was mostly just sausages and french fries (any normal kid would die for this every night I am sure!). So he'd eat with us quickly off the healthier kids buffet while we were enjoying appetizers, and then he'd head off to the kids club leaving us to savor a 4-coursed meal and then some time on the front balcony after dinner while Ryan drank some beers.
The best part of this trip was that is was perfectly balanced for all of us. It gave Ryan and I alone time to enjoy before the baby comes, and we were also able to do something fun with Chance everyday to soak up our time with him. We will never have that again once the baby arrives.
Ryan discovered a summer funpark up at the top of one of the lifts, and we spent one of our days there with Chance. He was able to innertube down fake snow,

do zip cords, bounce on trampolines

and build water damns.

For lunch we went to the very top of the mountain to a panorama restaurant and overindulged in some magnificent ice cream creations.....I just wanted to make sure I maintained my fantastic round belly and growing behind.

See how happy an ice cream can make a person?

Ryan wanted a Hefeweisen so bad, that when there wasnt one he made history by opting for this.....

Cant see what I am talking about......okay let me zoom in.

And here we are on our way back from a fun day at the fun park.


Now it's back to reality. But the good news is that we've finally moved the computer in to our bedroom and we've assembled the baby bed. It's really getting close to meeting our newest arrival. t minus 9 weeks and counting!