I wanted the title post to also mention Ava's back as well, which is equally as important, but I just like the rhyme of the title, and so it remains.
Our friends are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chance has been waiting all summer for the return of his friends from their LOOOOOOOOOOONG trips back to the US. We met up at the park today and spent 3 hours watching the kids run and play, while the moms mostly parked ourselves on the blankets and had very nice chats ourselves.
I was telling Ryan the other day how play at the park has changed so dramatically this summer. Seems only yesterday at this same park I was camped out underneath the climbing equipment with my hands held high, in the event that Chance might fall as he scaled the ropes atop a very high climbing structure. Or waited at the bottom of the slide to catch Chance at the bottom of it, or tried to prevent him from falling off the pole as he tried to slide down it with very little grip. Well, not no mo. Chance can now scale the pole, ground up, in a matter of 3 seconds...and stop half way up and just hang there looking around. He can climb the rock wall to the top of the rope structure with confidence, and instead of sliding down the slide, he is now running up it at lightening speed. My little man is not so little anymore....actually Monday he is now my first grader. Ay yay yay.