Tuesday, February 24, 2009

THE BAGANZ FAMILY IS GROWING!!!

We are so excited to FINALLY be spreading the news of our new little one. I just went in for the 12 week appointment today and came home with this adorable picture. I just can't stop looking at it. It's only 5 cm long!



I've been so eager to start blogging about all this, but we just wanted to wait for the "all clear" from the 12 week appt. All is clear!

It's such a different experience here in Switzerland than I had with Chance in Austin. It's been quite a roller coaster initially......I went in at 6 weeks and the sonogram showed an empty sack. The doctor basically said nothing with such a straight face and told me to come back a week later and try again. So that week was the loooooooongest week of my life, in which I mistakenly spent most of it googling. I highly advise against that, you'll come up with all sorts of wacko ideas of what could possibly be wrong. But then at 7 weeks there it was......all was good but still the very straight Swiss doctor face warning me to remember that we weren't "in the clear" until 12 weeks. So today I saw the real OB who said it all looked great! Phew!

The doctors office is such a different experience.....first of all on time! I had all by blood work taken there and results in minutes. The doc has his own super high tech 3D sonogram machine right in his office, and as I laid there during the sonogram I got to watch the show on the big flat screen TV. Then at the end he pulls a CD out of his hard drive that he was burned for me to take home to Ryan. He took more measurements of the little one that you could imagine, so thorough!

So far I am feeling pretty good. It's been a slightly rough, yet better than it was with Chance, first 3 months. Basically just general stomach queasy-ness but overall not too bad. I am sure Ryan will contest that, and tell you he is about done with the complaining!

Next appointment is March 31. Hopefully we'll be able to know the sex of the baby in time for my birthday. That'd be a pretty good present!