Today the sun is out, and that makes me so happy. It's been a long winter. The past couple winters we have escaped the grey gloomy coldness of Zurich to sled in the mountains where it is usually sunny and beautiful. But with baby on board, mama ain't sleddin anymore. The Baganz family has a need for speed, and careening down the mountains at top flight isn't all that conducive to the potential health of the baby. So needless to say, I've been a little pouty about being trapped in Zurich. I've decided we need a vacation, so I booked us Ireland for my birthday. That oughta do it.
Today I went and walked the lake to soak up the rays. It was so beautiful down there and I seem to be more nostalgic these days knowing we only have a year left, and I really need to soak up this city (when it's sunny and not grey!) as much as I can. The more that I worry about my commute to school with this baby, the more I am anxious to move back home where I'll have help and the familiarity of driving - I thought I would never say that! And room for the kids to play in the backyard. This apartment is becoming smaller and smaller! But until then, I need to really appreciate where we are and enjoy every minute of it. We may never get back here!
Chance has been worried lately that this is the last week of his athletics and drama classes after school. He's decided that since Irish Dancing is the only thing on offer, he wants to give it a try. I think this is hilarious. And this morning while we all 3 were in the kitchen eating, he whispered in my ear reminding me to sign him up. He was too embarrassed to tell Ryan. Luckily when we finally did tell him, his reaction was positive and encouraging, even though I know he was thinking otherwise. Well, at least Chance will be able to show his moves to the Irishmen when we go there in a couple months.